Boulogne-sur-Mer offers, each year, a lot of traditional and cultural events :
- April the 24th : Euroregional Fortified Towns Day and the Belfry festival
On the warpath! Step back in time along a route of fortified towns…
- June the 21st : Music festival
“Faites de la Musique, Fête de la Musique” (“Let’s make music and celebrate music”): Music of all styles performed in the open air.
- July 9-25 : The Opal Coast festival
An unmissable event of current music. Festival representing all music trends.
- July the 14th : Bastille Day, French national holiday
Firework displays and dance.
- July the 17th and 18th : Multi-era historical festival - Camp de Boulogne
Commemoration of the Camp de Boulogne: celebrate one of the great Napoleonic sagas, with re-enactments, bivouacs, and troop parades on the Tour d’Odre site.
- August the 15th : Summer cavalcade
Musical parade. Two Boulogne giants, Batisse and Zabelle, lead the procession.
- August the 28th and 29th : Notre Dame Grand Procession
The inhabitants of Boulogne, dressed in traditional costumes, cross the town celebrating the mysterious arrival of the statue of the Virgin Mary by sea.
- September the 18th and 19th : Heritage days
Free guided tours and open days at all monuments and cultural attractions both in the city and throughout the region.
- September the 18th and 19th : Fête de la Beurrière
Traditional festival with exhibitions, folk events, exhibitors, tasting of speciality fish dishes and sale of produce.
- November the 20th and 21st : Herring festival
Event celebrating maritime traditions. A great opportunity to discover traditional fishing methods and try some local herring.
- December the 4th : Saint Nicolas Procession
A magical float parades through the town scattering sweets to children.
- December the 18th and 19th : Christmas market
Artisanal products and local produce for sale, live crib scene, ice sculpture, musical procession, the belfry with its illuminations and a firework display.
Office du Tourisme de Boulogne-sur-Mer :www.tourisme-boulognesurmer.com
Comité Départemental du Tourisme du Pas de Calais : www.pas-de-calais.com